- Voting began on September 1st! If you voted, you know how exciting it was everyday to see how we were doing in the standings and to see us do so well during our first month. We were like David fighting the Goliath projects who have been doing this for months.
- Our facebook group grew from 348 people on September 1 to 728 people on September 30th!
- We found ourselves on the big screen at St. Mark's, WFMY News 2, ABC 11, and Fox8!
- We had great opportunities for people to read about LPHOH in The Coastal Journal, Womenhealth.gov and be heard on the radio on G105!
- These media segments allowed for the message, mission, and service of Little Pink Houses of Hope to reach thousands of people.
- We have had 4 individuals interested in donating their beach houses after seeing the interview segments!
- I had a teacher who won a Educator of the Year award donate his check to Little Pink Houses, showing the joy of Paying It Forward.
- My alma mater, Saint Louis University, heard about LPHOH and is doing a Pink Field Hockey game on Oct 15th versus the Richmond Spiders. They are donating their proceeds to LPHOH. Go Billikens!!!
- In finding businesses to help advertise for the Pepsi Project, we have created wonderful connections that will last a long time.
- We were honored to receive memorium donations on behalf of two special individuals who passed away.
- We were contacted by numerous survivors about attending a retreat or to share their story. The stories and hope keep me more focused than ever on LPHOH.
- We are working with Elon and NCstate volunteers
- The president of a fabric company offered to donate the fabric when we secure permanent housing one day.
- Many high school and middle school students are participating to actively change the world
- We have Paypal available on the website now to take online donation
- Finishing 58th qualifies us to roll over for voting for next month. Keep up the voting and spread the word.
- I have had a chance to meet wonderful people at survivor meetings
- Certain local businesses have decided to do fundraising events during October to help raise funds for LPHOH. The first one will be held on Saturday, October 9th at West End Studio in Burlington 7-9 pm!
Whew! I warned you to take a deep breath. The Pepsi Project has given us the opportunity to continue to create a culture where people can actively participant to help make a difference. It has been easy to ask people for something simple, like their vote, and look at all of the amazing things that have happened. I feel so lucky to have the support of our group and to know that you are each working on behalf of LPHOH. I can only imagine what October will bring.
PS. Did I mention that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month? Make sure to do a self breast exam!