Sunday, August 15, 2010

Little Pink Fever

Little Pink Fever hit Mebane on Monday night!  A group of wonderful, caring people got together to brainstorm how to get the word out for the Pepsi Project.  With the great ideas that came about, we are bound to win!  One of the most beautiful parts of the night was the unbridled enthusiasm of the middle school students that attended.  They always have a way of reminding the adults that there are no boundaries.  We are creating press releases, flyers, voting business cards, Facebook announcements, school announcements, etc.  There will be so many avenues by which you will be able to get the word out, no matter where you live.  We are meeting again next week on August 19th to go over the finished materials and to start the process of disseminating it. The meeting will be held virtually, so please let me know if you are interested in attending.


On a separate note, I am writing this from the chemo waiting room.  When I finish my treatment today, I will have 2 treatments left!   Little Pink Houses of Hope is such a huge part of my life now, but this morning I am reflecting on all of the people sitting in the waiting room who are only at the beginning of their journey.   It is a scary place to be and one that makes you a member of a club in which you never asked for an invitation. The past year and 3 months has included an unbelievable range of emotions.  I am thankful to have had so many wonderful people supporting me and helping me maintain a positive outlook.  The world of cancer can be a very depressing place- which only makes me more motivated to bring Little Pink Houses to Life.  A surgeon friend told me right after the diagosis that the hard part is not dying from cancer, but finding a way to live with it.  That is my goal- to help make a difference in the way people view how they can live with cancer.  That is where my motto for Little Pink Houses comes from..."helping families live stronger, laugh harder, and love deeper". 

This was written on Friday, Aug 13th and posted on Sun, Aug 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment